COMP, a name so synonymous with racing, it practically defines everything speed. That’s why this year they opened up shop in the center of the PRI showroom, with enough floorspace to run laps on. Really, it was huge! Of course, they packed footage with all their latest and greatest. COMP brought out traditional favorites such as their valvetrain components, tooling, and lubrication. However, it was their line of FAST XFI 2.o components that really caught our attention.
Here’s the one electronic fuel injection system with truly revolutionary features and capabilities in an easy-to-use package. The FAST XFI system precisely balances fuel and spark, allowing you to fine tune like never before. The XFI system comes with easy-to-navigate software that’s completely configurable and allows you to set the parameters. Faster processing means no more fl at spots in the power curve or settling for “close enough.” XFI is compatible with all common ignition types, including GM HEI, LT1, LS1, -2, -6, -7 DIS, Ford EDIS (4.6L & 5.4L), and Chrysler 5.7L, 6.1L HEMI applications.
FAST XFI 2.0
New advanced forced induction, power adder & race controls offer more flexibility & control over your engine than any product on the market today. Self learning functions makes for quick & easy fuel mapping but can be turned off for fine tuning or custom control. User Configurable Target Air Fuel Offset Table vs. Coolant Temp Table allows for more accurate warm-up enrichment for better starting conditions.
Intelligent Traction Control has user adjustable delay that ignores erroneous starting line activation data & separate output wire activation upon ITC triggering. Original XFI features retained, including Qwik Tune Technology, built-in wide-band O2 sensor, on-board diagnostics, data logging & adjustable injector timing
- Built-in wide-band O2
- Fully sequential and/or bank-to-bank capability
- Individual cylinder correction
- Fan and fuel pump control
- Dynamic scaling of vectors in 2D & 3D tables
- Scalable TPS, air temp, water temp and MAP calibrations
- 1, 2, 3 and 5 bar MAP capability
- Spare user definable inputs/outputs for miscellaneous functions, such as shift light output, auxiliary fan control and EGT monitoring
- Torque converter lockup control
- Air conditioning wide-open throttle cutout
- Boost control
- Enhanced 4 stage power adder controls
- Multiple calibration stored in ECU w/ switching capability
- L-key function for easy steady-state table correction using wide-band O2
- On-board diagnostics
- Fuel and oil pressure logging
- Adjustable injector timing
- Multiple ignition strategies, such as HEI, DIS, TFI, Ford EDIS, IPU (inductive or discreet/hall effect