New from Summit Racing – the MAX-efi 500 Fuel Injection System. This system is an inexpensive and easy way to upgrade from a carburetor to electronic fuel injection. See more details below.
If you’ve been waiting to pull the trigger on electronic fuel injection, your wait is over. Summit Racing’s MAX-efi 500 Fuel Injection System makes converting from a carburetor to EFI virtually a no-brainer. The MAX-efi 500 features a four-injector aluminum throttle body that bolts to most four-barrel carburetor intake manifolds, and uses the factory-style throttle linkage.
The throttle body has integral fuel rails and also houses the Temperature Manifold Absolute Pressure (TMAP), intake air temperature and throttle position sensors, and the idle air control motor. That makes the wiring harness more compact and easier to install. The only other sensors are coolant temperature and exhaust oxygen. If a sensor fails, replacements are available at most auto parts stores.
Tuning the MAX-efi 500 is a snap, too. The self-tuning ECU continually adjusts fuel delivery to provide the optimum air/fuel ratio under all climate and altitude conditions, and has a self-adjusting “limp home” mode to protect your engine if a sensor fails. You even get a data-logging feature to track system performance under operating conditions.
- Capable of supporting up to 500 horsepower
- Black anodized throttle body with four 45mm diameter throttle bores
- 66 lb.-hr. fuel injectors
- Handheld controller with color touch screen
- Red anodized Billet aluminum fuel rails
- Externally mounted ECU
- OEM-style harness is clearly marked for easy installation
- Compatible with most distributors and ignition systems