Puyallup used to be a pastoral little hamlet, best known for its annual agricultural fair. Although it still is a bucolic town in many ways, it is not immune to the unbridled growth that hit the Seattle area. Alas, the byways were snarled with traffic creeping in spits and spurts coming into town on Thursday. As it emptied up into the area surrounding the Fairgrounds, memories of my youth were refreshed, not only in living color but with the smell of hay, farm animals, cotton candy, and freshly baked scones.
This year, the Goodguys 32nd Pacific Northwest Nationals presented by Griots, attracted a couple thousand cars and showcased some of the best cars in the region. The Pacific Northwest, from Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia is just as fertile as California in the range and depth of painters, wrenches, builders, and driveway Da Vincis it has amongst its population.
Check out my live video feed of the Saturday load-in to see (and hear) the gearhead goodness that was Goodguys Puyallup 2019.
There was a long list of attractions too.
- Over 2,500 Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars and Trucks thru ’87
- Indoor Car Show
- Friday Nite Vintage Drags at Pacific Raceways
- Spectre Performance All American Sunday welcoming American-made or powered vehicles of all years
- Saturday Night Twilight Cruising
- Vendor & Manufacturer Exhibits
- Nitro Thunderfest Dragster Exhibition presented by FuelCurve.com
- Burnout Competition
- Swap Meet
- Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Super Shopper Shuttle
- Model & Pedal Car Show
- Pinstripers Brush Bash – see over 50 of the best Pinstripes from the West Coast
- Kids Zone – Free Arts and crafts, games, prizes & more!
- Live Music Entertainment with M80’s, Megs McLean, & the Blues Power Revue
There were so many cars it was hard to single out favorites, but there were a few that really grabbed our eye. We really didn’t care if they were debut builds or they were ten years old — if we dug ’em, they made the grade. Here are our five favorites from Goodguys Puyallup Presented by Griot’s, in no particular order.
1957 Buick Century Hardtop
1932 Ford 5-Window Coupe
1938 Lincoln Zephyr
Sliced And Diced Winfield Painted 1952 Chevy
1958 LS3 Powered Restomod Corvette
As Sunday drew to a close, we will remember the Goodguys Puyallup show fondly. The weather cooperated and the people and cars were excellent. As usual, the Puyallup Fairgrounds was expertly maintained and created the perfect backdrop for the show. For more info regarding winners for 2019, go here for more details.
Thanks to the awesome folks at Goodguys who once again put on a killer show. See you next year!!