From September 28 through 30, 2018, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association will once again invade Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, for another fun-filled weekend of hot rodding excitement as the Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals extravaganza fills the venue. Are you prepared for three Texas-sized days of motorsports excitement that the entire family will enjoy!
Come on out and fill your weekend with the enthusiasm that more than 2,500, 1987 and older hot rods, customs, muscle cars, trucks, and classics can deliver. The Texas Motor Speedway infield will be filled to capacity! Plus, you can browse and shop the vendor exhibits, swap meet, and even find your next project at the Cars 4 Sale Corral. If that’s not enough, you can also watch or compete in the Goodguys’ hugely popular AutoCross timed racing competition. What’s more, you can even take a ride in a Team Texas Stock Car and cruise your registered vehicle on the Texas Motor Speedway oval!
Also, this year, in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Hot Wheels, the U.S. Postal Service has chosen the Goodguys 26th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals as the location for the first day of issue ceremony! This will take place at the Goodguys stage on Saturday, at 10 a.m. Five Hot Wheels cars will be on display Saturday for event attendees to see, and those in attendance will be able to buy the stamps at the U. S. Postal Service booth on Saturday at the event.
Each stamp features the name of the vehicle shown in one of the top corners and the words “USA” and “Forever” in one of the bottom corners. The iconic Hot Wheels logo appears in the top right corner of the pane. The back of the panel displays the Hot Wheels 50th anniversary logo.
The Goodguys Rod & Custom Association promotes and produces some of the world’s most dynamic automotive events. Why? Because they’re car people, just like you. Founded in 1983, by lifelong hot-rodder Gary Meadors, Goodguys is the world’s largest hot-rodding association with over 70,000 active members worldwide. Goodguys events feature thousands of candy-colored hot rods and customs, tricked out trucks, mighty muscle cars, and regal classics. The cars, vendor exhibits, adrenaline-pumping Goodguys AutoCross, live entertainment, and colorful people create a festive atmosphere charged with electricity. Goodguys offers more than 20 events annually across the country, that range from two-day affairs attended by 30,000 to 40,000 people to three-day extravaganza’s attracting over 100,000 auto enthusiasts.
- Over 2,500 rods, customs, classics, muscle cars and trucks thru ’87
- Spectre Performance All-American Sunday welcoming American-made or powered vehicles of all years
- Cruise the Texas Motor Speedway track in your vehicle
- Team Texas NASCAR Stock Car Rides (additional fee required)
- FMX Motorcycle Stunt Team exhibitions
- Burn out competition – Details
- Goodguys AutoCross – Featuring 16-car “Big Hoss Shootout” presented by Summit Racing
- Nitro Thunderfest Dragster Exhibition presented by FuelCurve.com
- Vendor and manufacturer exhibits
- Goodgals Gallery
- Swap meet
- Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Live music entertainment
- Model and pedal car show
- Kids Zone – Free Arts and crafts, games, prizes, and more!
- Complimentary guest shuttles provided from spectator parking