It seems that everyone’s life has been put on hold lately, but the fact that various areas of life are beginning to open up show signs of a return back to “normal.” Normal is a relative term, and when it comes to what the remainder of this year’s show season will look like, no one really has a clue as to how it will all filter out. One of the major reasons for the recent “sheltering” has been to reduce the number of large crowds.
The very reason for having a car show is to allow as many folks as possible to have fun enjoying the hobby and interacting with numerous other, like-minded enthusiasts. When you’re talking about a show that is the scope of one of the Goodguys’ events, a LOT of people are instantly well within the equation. We recently received an email from the Goodguys Association explaining how they are taking steps to begin opening up their show season again, while also working with the local and federal government expectations, and attendee’s safety concerns. Here’s the email from Goodguys.
As we enter the month of June, we know that many of you have questions surrounding our upcoming July event schedule. While we are still unable to provide complete details, here is what we can tell you:
- We are actively preparing to move forward with all of our currently scheduled July events.
- We have received positive communications and updates from our host venues and anticipate positive news to move forward with many, if not all, of our July events; however, we are still waiting on the official approvals from state, county, and/or local governing agencies.
- RE: Des Moines, IA and Columbus, OH – Our events team is working with venue management at both sites to work towards hosting successful events at both locations. Any changes, cancellations or updates with these events will be made no later than June 17, 2020. We understand that you may need to make the best decision possible for your company, and that decision may have to be made before June 17.
- We will continue to monitor the statuses of our later July events including Salt Lake City, UT, and Puyallup, WA, and will provide an update in the coming weeks when we have more definitive information.
- Once we receive approval to produce an event, we will provide specific local market details on all health and safety parameters that will be implemented for each specific event.
We suggest keeping an eye on the Goodguys event page on their website to keep abreast of any changes or updates to its show schedule. Hopefully, we’ll all be able to head out to the fun and frolic on the show fields soon!