With the introduction of the newer LT platform from GM, one might think that the industry would drop the LS engine and start producing parts for the LT. Overall, this has not been the case with most of the aftermarket suppliers due to the popularity of the LS. Holley has been one of the exceptions when it comes to bringing new parts to the market for the LT platform.
Holley’s latest offering for the LT series is a new mid-mount accessory drive system for the LT4 and LT5 engines. This drive unit pulls the accessories in tighter than the factory units creating more room to fit the supercharged engines in those cramped engine bays.
Holley offers three different versions of its new drive system, one for dry-sump LT4 engines, one for dry-sump LT5s, and one for wet-sump LT4s. One of these units will have you covered no matter what type of combination you have in mind for your project.
The mid-mount accessory drive utilizes a splined dual-bearing system that eliminates belt stress on the power-steering pump and the pump’s internal bearings. This design guarantees a long service life while maintaining the original belt path and tensioner for the supercharger.
Holley also includes a throttle body adapter that better positions the throttle body for easier intake-tube routing for your LT-swap. According to Holley, the bottom-outlet swivel heater hose creates more clearance options. The swivel will allow the use of the factory crank pulley and larger units to up the boost if you are looking for more power out of your LT4 or LT5 swap.
For more information on this product and others, check out Holley.com.
- Adds power steering without any belt load on the P/S pump
- Notably more clearance to swap applications than other options
- Original equipment look
- LT4 style premium alternator
- LT4 style water pump design
- Compact SD7 A/C compressor
- A/C line adapters included
- Type II power steering pump
- P/S hard line adapters included
- Bottom outlet swivel heater hose options for swap application clearance
- Throttle body angle correcting adapter for easier intake tube routing on swap applications
- OE pulley ratios for optimal accessory performance allows for larger SC crank pulley
- Available LT4/5 dry-sump & LT4 wet-sump applications
- LT4/5 specific accessories available for plumbing oil cooler and PCV oil separator OE system