If you have been wanting to do an LS-swap to your hot rod, but you would really like to keep the look of a classic Chevy, how about an LS that looks like a big block? Thanks to Billet Specialties, you can have just that. The billet-aluminum accessory company has just developed a valve-cover conversion kit that allows the use of big-block Chevy valve covers on the LS engine.
The conversion plates are an interesting concept, as they are actually the LS’ valve covers. Each side has a threaded oil-fill cap and baffled ¼-inch NPT-threaded breather port. The LS coils mount directly to the top of this billet cover, and have recesses that allow the spark plug wires to exit above each plug for a clean look. The coil harness exits at the rear with ample room for the harness plug. You can finish the big block look by installing your choice of a big block valve covers on top to hide it all.
Now you have no reason to not update to an LS engine, because the LS to big-block Chevy valve cover adapter kits have answered your prayers.
Ease of installation
Accepts the OE LS gaskets for a leak-free seal and uses both late-model LS3-style coils;
- Flat P/N 12611424 / AC Delco D510C
- Round P/N 12573190 A/C Delco D514A
Comprehensive instructions are included with each pair of adapters.
- Precision machined from 6061-T6 aluminum
- Works with O.E. tin or aftermarket big-block Chevrolet valve covers
- Works with either round LS3 coils (AC Delco D514A) or flat LS3 coils (AC Delco D510C)
- Retains LS gasket for a leak free seal
- Recessed wire channels route ignitions wires toward plugs
- Hidden oil-fill cap (one on each side)
- NPT baffled-breather vent in the back of each valve cover
- Stainless hardware included
- Made in the USA