New from Summit – the Bed Wood and Parts Pickup Bed Floor Kits. These kits are designed for easy installation and long life. See more details below.
Kentucky is well-known for bourbon, horse racing, and college basketball. But if you’re into classic trucks, Kentucky will be forever known as the home of some of the world’s finest pickup bed floor kits.
Summit Racing offers Bed Wood and Parts Pickup Bed Floor Kits with red oak flooring, a very popular choice and far more durable than the yellow pine the OEMs used back in the day. But that’s only the half of it. The Bed Wood and Parts floor kits are designed for easy installation and long life. If you can measure and use a socket set, you can install a Bed Wood floor.
The Bed Wood and Parts Pickup Bed Floor Kits come with polished stainless steel floor strips and mounting hardware. If you get a kit with prefinished flooring, a bottle of clear coat is included for touchups. Quite thoughtful.
If you’re wondering why Summit Racing has floor kits for later model trucks, it’s because the OEMs offered wood floors as an option in many trucks in the 1970s and 1980s. The Bedwood kits will not fit trucks with factory steel floors.
- 1947-87 Chevy and GMC
- 1951-60 and 1976-87 Ford F-Series
- 1965-85 Dodge D- and W-Series
- Wood flooring is precision cut to .75 inch thick, properly milled and chamfered, and kiln-dried for dimensional stability
- All components are pre-drilled with all mounting holes, not just the bed-to-frame mounting holes like some other kits
- Wood is pre-sealed with exterior wood impregnator that protects against mildew, rot, insects, and decay from the inside out
- Wood is available unfinished, or prefinished with a water-based, semi-gloss clear coat that offers excellent resistance to yellowing