Believe it or not, classic truck restoration is at an all-time high. That’s right. Generally, they’re easier on the wallet and simpler to restore. What’s more, all said and done, you can still haul around parts for the other projects taking up space in the garage. Of course, the only downside to restoring vintage-era vehicles are some the extensive welds and fabrication that go along with the builds.
With this in mind, Speedway Motors has created an all-new line of chassis components that allow ’47-54 Chevy truck owners the ability to bolt together a complete frame using basic hand tools. This means less time welding and more time assembling components; allowing your build back out on the road sooner.
Speedway’s spent the time and researched an innovative line of products, which includes new frame rails, an IFS front crossmember, triangulated four-link rear suspension and other components. The best part, these components can be used in unison to build an all-new chassis, or purchased separately to update an original frame.
Each component is engineered to work together but will also fit the stock frame of any, ’47-54 Chevy 1/2-ton truck. When used in unison, these affordable parts allow the average enthusiast to assemble a complete chassis in about a weekend, without requiring any welding or specialized skills.
Speedway Motors also offers a full complement of suspension and brake components to make your frame a rolling chassis, as shown here.
Speedway Motors, America’s oldest Speed Shop Speedway Motors’ innovative new chassis components allow do-it-yourself rodders to assemble a complete frame using little more than hand tools and a drill. We’ve put together all of the details, below.
The full line of bolt-on parts includes:
- Frame Rails (PN 916-04754) built from laser-cut 7-gauge steel plate
- IFS Crossmember (PN 910-44754) with interlocking boxing plates for extra strength and adjustable upper spring seats to fine tune final ride height
- Triangulated Four-Bar Rear Suspension Kit (PN 910-04754), including 9-inch rearend housing
- Center Frame Support (PN 910-64754) to reinforce the frame
- Radiator Support (PN 910-14754)
- Fuel Tank Support Brace (PN 910-84754)
- Engine Mounts (PN 910-54754) for small-block Chevy and LS V8s